Saturday, October 11, 2014

Creating Video Project

Video projects teach students to plan, organize, and communicate globally. As online teaching and learning become an important format in education, learning how to effectively create a video also becomes a fundamental skill that every educator should learn. 

Fortunately I have had this learning experience in PIDP3250 video project. Although it is not my first video project, I still found it a challenging, but rewarding experience. Here is how I completed my video, and what I could have done better -

Step 1: Outline - I started by outlining my main points on a piece of paper and trying to place each point in a logic order 

Step 2: Research - this is where I spent too much time. Realizing I only have five minutes, there really can't be too much content that can be covered here. A good presentation doesn't have to cover everything, instead, should be expressing several ideas in a simple, and easy-to-understand way. 

Step 3: Write scripts - I wrote word by word what I am going to say, and at the same time, put things together in a PowerPoint file. This might be why I lost my enthusiasm in the video - at the time of shooting the video, I have repeated the same script for more than twenty times....(sometimes there was noise, so I had to re-capture).  

Step 4: Practice and record using Camtasia.. this time I finally figured out how to add background music to the Powerpoint file which may help to ease off the background noise. 

Step 5: Publishing 

No comments:

Post a Comment